Yes, it’s “Back to School” time. Are you dreading it or are you feeling inspired and motivated by those dreamy, restful moments you’ve indulged in over the Summer?
Regardless of whether you enjoyed a long lazy vacation or glimpses of sunshine and soulful weekends, there’s no denying that “Back to School” puts a charge into the universe that says “get back to it all!”
So what’s your “all”? If it’s work we’re talking about this time, ask yourself a few important questions –
- Are you really doing what you want to do?
- Are you happy in you environment? Do you like the commute?
- Do you like your co-workers?
- Is the job/career challenging, stimulating?
- Are you paid enough? Are you making the money you want to live the way you want to live?
- If you could pick any job and snap your fingers to be in it – what would it be?
If your response to these questions are leaning towards “a lot of changes required”… then it’s time to think about how to make those changes – that Reinvention in your life.
Whether it’s personal, work, spiritual, – there’s always a reason to make the change in life – find something new to explore – discover what’s in you and what the next chapter is going to be.
There may be things you’ve been wanting to do for years, months…you keep putting them off but they’re on your “Bucket List” – it may be to clean out the garage, get a new job, break up from a bad relationship, donate your time, travel the world, climb a mountain, learn a language…these little things that nag at you are there for a reason but you’re not giving them a voice or a place in your life.
Feeling the passion, trying to get clear on what moves us – emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually – whatever it is that connects with us – that’s what we need to listen to – that’s how we start to understand our PERSONAL BRAND. Then we can communicate to the universe who we are and what we want – thus attracting exactly what we want and how to achieve it.
It takes some serious soul searching and exercises to understand and define your own PERSONAL BRAND.
What’s YOUR brand? Start asking yourself some simple questions –
- What do I like?
- Who do I like?
- What music rocks my soul?
- What music sooths my soul?
- When am I happiest?
- How do I like to spend the weekends?
- What is it that I dream of doing for vacation?
- Where do I want to go?
- What haven’t I seen?
- Do I like to write? If so, when did I last do it?
- Do I sing in the shower? The car? The living room? In front of others?
- Doodling – is it with some sophisticated talent? Or does it look geometrical and pattern-like?
- What color did I last pick to paint something?
- If it weren’t for money, what would I really be doing with my life?
Would you like to start the Reinvention process, but just don’t know how? Then read on…
Try some of these baby-steps and with every milestone, know that you’re getting a little bit closer to your PERSONAL BRAND and defining what you want out of life –
- Create a Roadmap
- Write it, Draw it – Capture it
- Collect it – pictures, things, sights, sounds, smells, understand what you like
- Do one thing to shake up your routine
- Learn or practice a hobby
- Sing, paint, write, knit, meditate, work out, go out with a friend for a drive , go shop, take a jog, clean out a closet, go fishing
- Reflect on that feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment
- Write your list(s) – what to do, who to talk to, what to read and research, how to get there
- Who’s involved? Talk to them and create the reality
- Find a mentor or peer with similar interests
- Take baby steps in the right direction
- Track your changes and the frequency with which you step out of your comfort zone and accomplish something towards your goal
It’s about being relentless, fighting for something you believe in, being passionate and not giving up!
“You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps
“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy